Crockpot Turkey Meatballs with Pesto & Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 lb of ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Basil, 2 cups
- Chard, 2 cups
- Lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- Pine Nuts, 1/3 cup
- Olive Oil, about 1/4 cup
- Make sure you use a large 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place your 2 squash halves face down into your slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth or water to crockpot
- Mix ground turkey, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt & pepper and combine well.
- Roll your ground turkey into meatballs, then fit as many as you can around the squash.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add basil, chard, pine nuts and lemon to food processor, pulse a few times
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil and puree pesto.
- Use a large fork to pull the “spaghetti” out of your squash, then top with your meatballs and pesto sauce.
- Add more oil until you reach desired consistency
Adapted from Stupid Easy Paleo
Thyroid Loving Care http://thyroidlovingcare.com/