Baked Egg in Avocado
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Scoop out a little of the flesh to leave a crater.
- Crack one egg into each avocado half, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle bacon over the top.
- Place on a baking sheet with a lip, and bake 20 minutes, until eggs are set.
- While eggs are baking, add bacon to a saute pan and cook for 3 mins
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid to keep warm while eggs are still baking.
- When eggs are done, place in bowls and top with bacon/vegetable mixture