Why Vitamin K2 is Important for your Thyroid
Getting enough K2 each day is essential for your thyroid health. For instance, Vitamin K2 helps boost calcium levels and a calcium deficiency can wreak havoc on your thyroid function.
Vitamin K2 also reduces estrogen dominance and decreases the level of thyroid-suppressive parathyroid hormone.
In addition, it amplifies how well Vitamins A and D are absorbed in the body which is crucial to optimum thyroid health (and also autoimmune conditions)
What are other reasons to take Vitamin K2?
The body is a holistic organism. We can’t only focus on thyroid health…everything in our body works together and we must focus on our entire system to keep it in balance for easier healing, better energy and a vibrant life.
Research shows that supplementing with Vitamin K2 can do a lot to maintain that balance.
Vitamin K2 helps with PREVENTION:
- With the skyrocketing rates of diabetes and pre-diabetes, Vitamin K2 supplementation should not be overlooked. Over a dozen published studies have shown that K2 is protective against the development of Type 2 Diabetes, and just four weeks of K2 supplementation increases insulin sensitivity.
- Over 40 published studies have demonstrated the important role of vitamin K2 against cancer.
- Vitamin K2 has been shown to induce apoptosis in vitro with leukemia cells, and lower the risk of prostate and liver cancer.
- The EPIC-Heidelberg study on K2 supplementation and prostate cancer (24,340 subjects) found an inverse association between the intake of menaquinones and prostate cancer.
- Vitamin K2 was also calculated to reduce prostate cancer incidence by 30%. In a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association, patients infected with hepatitis B or C (and therefore at much greater risk for developing liver cancer) were given a K2 supplement. Less than 10% of those given the supplement developed liver cancer, whereas the placebo group developed cancer at an astonishing rate of 47%.
OSTEOPOROSIS + OSTEOPENIA:
- Several clinical studies show that vitamin K2 halts bone mineral density loss which is a huge benefit for people with osteopenia and osteoporosis. Interestingly, in Japan, supplemental K2 is the first-tier treatment for osteoporosis.
- K2 is an essential co-factor in the activation of Gla proteins in the bone (osteocalcin) and blood vessels (matrix Gla-protein) which means that K2 is directly responsible for ensuring that calcium in the diet is deposited safely in the bones and not in the blood vessels.
- A landmark study with over 4,800 subjects across a period of 10 years, found that participants who ingested the greatest quantities of vitamin K2 in their diet experienced a 57% reduction rate in death from heart diseasethan people who ingested the least amounts of vitamin K2. (source: Rotterdam Heart Study)
- Other studies have shown that even minimal amounts of K2 supplementation help the body to decrease “all-cause” mortality by 25%).
- There are even more than two dozen studies that confirm that K2 deficiencies are correlated with increased arterial calcification and that taking enough vitamin K2 can prevent this.
MegaQuinone is the only brand we stand behind for Vitamin K2:
- This natural K2-7 was created for the pharmaceutical market with a Drug Master File. (Most other K2 supplements currently available are not manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.)
- MenaquinGold® is produced in a pharmaceutical qualified, dedicated facility and is regularly tested by FDA-approved laboratories.
- MenaquinGold® is produced through fermentation of Bacillus Subtilis, and does not contain any soy products. This is the same K2 vitamin that is found in natto.
- MenaquinGold® has demonstrated the highest degree of stability, quality and safety.
- Our research into the sources of vitamin K2 in the marketplace revealed a number of sub-standard products that we were simply not comfortable offering to our customers.
- The ONLY 320 mcg, natural vitamin K2-7 supplement on the market
- Guaranteed Stability
- Solvent free during production
- Soy Free, Allergen Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free and Non-GMO
- Vegan, Kosher and Halal
- The ONLY K2 supplement with Ultra Absorption Complex made of chelated minerals that are essential K2-cofactors
- The ONLY pharmaceutical grade, broad spectrum vitamin K2 with published safety studies
Megaquinone is a K2 supplement with trace minerals.
K2 is really hard to find in our Western diet. And researchers now believe that more than 9 out of 10 people may be at risk from a vitamin K2 deficiency.
(And if you ever want to read research study after research study on the importance of Vitamin K2 for your body, go to Pub Med – there are over 3000 research articles on the subject.)
- Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) Menaquin Gold*, 320mcg**
- Vitamin K1 (as phylloquinone), 200mcg, 220% (% Daily Value)
- Magnesium amino acid chealate, 400mg, 100% (% Daily Value)
- Zinc (as zinc bisglycinate), 30mg, 200% (%Daily Value)
- Boron (elemental as boron amino acid chelate), 80mcg, 400% (% Daily Value)
- Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)
- **Daily values not established
- *Registered Trademark
This formula meets or exceeds cGMP quality standards.
Serving Size: One (1) capsule twice daily with food or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Servings Per Container: 30
Gluten free, Allergen free, GMO free, Dairy free, Soy Free
Does not contain: salt, sugar, artificial colors or flavors