When you’re not having regular, pain-free bowel movements, things can get uncomfortable fast!
You may be missing something from your daily protocol that could really make the difference. It’s called a Pre-Biotic. You’ve probably heard of them before. But if you’ve ever wondered about the difference between probiotics and prebiotics, here’s your crash course!
We all have a community of microorganisms living in our gut (the microbiome) – and they play a HUGE role in the production of thyroid hormones. Probiotics and Prebiotics work together to keep this community happy.
Understanding the difference between probiotics and prebiotics is as easy as this: Probiotics are the “Good Guys” in your gut and Prebiotics are the food that feeds them.
You may know that probiotics play a huge role in aiding digestion, preventing constipation, diarrhea, food cravings, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. Probiotics not only support overall gut health, they ensure the immune system works well and the whole community in your tummy is happy.
However, if you’re constipated, having loose stools, hard stools, digestive distress, sharp pains in your intestines/gut area, estrogen dominance or food allergies/sensitivities, then your gut is leaky and not clearing toxins and hormones from your bowels.
And, if you have autoimmune conditions like Hashimoto’s or Grave’s, your gut is likely leaky too.
With so many of us having imbalanced thyroid hormone levels and Hashimoto’s, the #1 most important action you can take to eliminate symptoms and rebalance your thyroid hormones is to repair the gut.
So what are Prebiotics?
They are the carbohydrates and non-digestible fibers that naturally occur in some fiber rich foods and feed the bacteria living in your gut.
And, although prebiotics are pretty simple, they are INCREDIBLY powerful.
• Combining a Prebiotic with your Probiotic to repair your gut is crucial. And here’s why…
• Prebiotics enhance the efficacy of your probiotic strains by feeding them the food they need to thrive.
• Increases nutrient availability and absorption (if you’re having methylation problems)
• Influences conversion of T4 to T3 (to support hormone balance)
• Produces better, smoother, easier, less painful bowel movements
• Enhances repair of your gut
But wait! Most prebiotics on the market can feed BOTH harmful AND beneficial gut bacteria, which can exacerbate digestive issues and that’s a problem.
MegaPreBiotic is different – it was designed to specifically reinforce the good bacterial strains without feeding the dysbiotic flora. (the harmful bacteria).
MegaPreBiotic is made by the same formulators who created MegaSporeBiotic and they work together beautifully help the right bacteria grow and keep the bad bacteria at bay.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Natural Mango Flavor Powder, Stevia Extract, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, and Monk Fruit Extract 80%.
CONTAINS: Corn and milk. One or more ingredients derived from lactose from bovine milk and non-GMO corn cob.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Dairy lactose, whey, casein, B-lactoglobulin, gluten, rice, salt, sugar, soy, artificial colors or flavors.
- A. Muciniphila – Has been shown to control metabolism and promote fat loss. Low levels of A. muciniphila have been associated with obesity, diabetes, liver disease, cardiometabolic diseases and low-grade inflammation.**
- F. prausnitzii – Has been shown to increase production of butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) that can relieve intestinal inflammation. Low levels of F. prausnitzii have been associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (UC), celiac disease, and chronic constipation.**
- Bifidobacteria – Shown to increase butyrate production and help with weight management. Low levels of Bifidobacteria have been associated with obesity, diabetes, celiac disease, allergic asthma, dermatitis, IBD, chronic fatigue syndrome and psoriasis.**