Butter Chicken with Veggies
If you love slow cooker recipes, you've got to get the Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes book. It's fantastic! Check out the link at the bottom of the recipe card.
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp chili powder (optional depending on heat level of your chili powder)
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast,
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 small squash, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Place potatoes and squash on bottom of crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, garlic, butter, ginger, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, salt, pepper and tomatoes.
- Mix together and add to slow cooker.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the almond butter and chicken broth. Once mixed,
- pour into the slow cooker slowly, while continually whisking.
- Add chicken.
- Cook on low for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, potatoes and squash when they are done and reserve the sauce in the crock pot.
- Using a hand blender, puree the sauce until smooth (do not have to remove the sauce from
- the slow cooker to do this).
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander before serving.
Adapted from Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes
Thyroid Loving Care https://thyroidlovingcare.com/