Butter Chicken with Vegetables
- slow cooker
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp chili powder (optional depending on heat level of your chili powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 small squash, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Place potatoes and squash on bottom of crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, garlic, butter, ginger, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, salt, pepper and tomatoes.
- Mix together and add to slow cooker.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the almond butter and chicken broth.
- Once mixed, pour into the slow cooker slowly, while continually whisking.
- Add chicken.
- Cook on low for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, potatoes and squash when they are done and reserve the sauce in the crock pot.
- Using a hand blender, puree the sauce until smooth (do not have to remove the sauce from
the slow cooker to do this).
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander before serving.