Cherry Breakfast Cakes
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries, thawed, pitted and diced or all-natural low-sugar cherry preserves (4 grams or less)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted (use refined so there’s no coconut flavor)
- 4 pastured eggs
- 2-3 vanilla beans, split and use the seeds from inside (awesome!) or use 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 12 cup muffin tin
- Grab 3 bowls.
- In first bowl, combine diced cherries, 2 tbsp honey and 1/8 tsp of the vanilla beans in a bowl and mix well.
- In second bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter/oil, the rest of the honey and the almond extract. In third bowl, combine the flour, salt, the rest of the vanilla beans and soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the cherry mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Pour the batter over the cherry mixture, it will come close to the top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from the tins with a big spoon.
By Thyroid Loving Care. Adapted from Kate’s Healthy Cupboard