Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, olive oil, or pastured butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large head red leaf or romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Wash and chop onion, bell pepper and tomatoes, avocado.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" slices.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil, olive oil or butter and onions. Sauté until onions are soft and slightly translucent.
- Add chicken, cumin, oregano and salt & pepper to the onions and continue to cook, stirring often.
- When the chicken has browned, add the peppers and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, wash and shred the lettuce. Divide between four plates.
- Top lettuce with a squeeze of lemon juice, tomatoes and sliced avocado.
- Dig in!