Citrus Beef Stir Fry
Paleo Leap has a zillion great recipes! Check out the link at the bottom of this recipe card for more great stir fries. Here's my interpretation of their Citrus Stir Fry dish.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb tender beef cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 big bag of spinach
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 lemon, segmented
- 1 orange, segmented
- Heat up wok or large saute pan and add butter.
- Stir-fry the beef in butter. Remove the beef from the wok.
- Make sure the wok regains its temperature, add more cooking fat (butter or olive oil) and stir-fry the onion, ginger and garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and carrot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Return the beef to the wok and add the orange and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and add the bunch of spinach. Cook until just wilted.
- Serve on a bed of citrus with the segmented lemon and orange.
By Thyroid Loving Care Adapted from Paleo Leap