Crockpot Chicken with Coconut-Ginger Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch cube of ginger, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pastured butter
- 2 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cans Native Forest coconut milk
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 ½ tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 carrots, chopped into 1 in. chunks
- 4 potatoes, chopped into 1 in. chunks
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground pepper, cumin, coriander, tumeric and salt. Set aside for later use
- Using a hand/immersion blender or food processor, combine garlic, ginger and onion. Pulse until a chunky paste is formed.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and melt butter.
- Add the garlic paste from above. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, enough time to allow the mixture to golden slightly in color.
- Sprinkle in the spice mix and stir well so that everything is evenly coated. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow the to garlic and spice mixture to continue to cook on one side of the skillet, leaving the other side for searing the chicken.
- Once the chicken has slightly browned on all sides, mix with the garlic and spices and turn off the heat.
- Place carrots and potatoes in bottom of crock pot.
- Add chicken mixture over top of carrots and potatoes.
- Pour in cans of coconut milk.
- Also toss in the chopped pepper and stir mixture.
- Cook on low heat for 4 1/2 hours.
- Voila! Dinner is served.