Crockpot Turkey Meatballs with Pesto & Spaghetti Squash
- slow cooker
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1½ lbs ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 cup chicken or veggie broth, or water
- salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Pesto
- 2 cups basil
- 2 cups chard
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Make sure you use a large 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place your 2 squash halves face down into your slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth or water to crockpot.
- Mix ground turkey, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt & pepper and combine well.
- Roll your ground turkey into meatballs, then fit as many as you can around the squash.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add basil, chard, pine nuts and lemon to food processor, pulse a few times.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil and puree pesto.
- Use a large fork to pull the “spaghetti” out of your squash, then top with your meatballs and pesto sauce.
- Add more oil until you reach desired consistency.
By Thyroid Loving Care. Adapted from Stupid Easy Paleo