Gluten-free Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp grated orange zest/rind (*Optional, but I highly recommend adding the rind)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup Cup4Cup gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted or avocado oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee or avocade oil
- Start blueberry syrup recipe and make pancakes while syrup is in creation mode.
Instructions for Blueberry Syrup
- Cook blueberries and water on medium-high heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Turn heat off and stir in orange rind. If you'd like a sweeter syrup, add in 1 tbsp of raw honey and stir. Serve immediately while warm. Makes approx. 1 1/4 cups of sauce. Top your pancakes with a delightful pat of pastured butter and the blueberry sauce.
Instructions for Pancakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees; have a baking sheet ready to keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven if need be.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Add butter or oil to the pan.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round (you should be able to fit 2 to 3 in a large skillet).
- Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven. Continue with more oil and remaining batter. (You'll have 12 to 15 pancakes.) Serve warm, with butter and blueberry syrup.