Luck of The Irish Paleo Mint Patties
These little sweet treats are good for any occasion - St. Patty's Day, a dinner party or a Wednesday night!
- Mini Muffin Pan
- 2 bars 7 oz. of your favorite gluten-free/soy-free chocolate. (We like Trader Joe's Organic 73% Super Dark Chocolate)
- 1 cup Shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 8 Fresh mint leaves + some extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 3 tbsp Hot Water
For Chocolate Patties
- Heat a small pot of water and place a glass/Pyrex mixing bowl on top (do not use the microwave, please! it's terrible for you and for your food)
- Break up the candy bars and melt them over the pot of water in the glass bowl
- As chocolate is melting, line a 12 count regular muffin tin or 24 count mini-muffin tin with paper or silicone muffin liners.
- Pour just enough chocolate into each liner so it just covers the bottom.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for 20 minutes or until hardened.
For Minty Filling
- In a food processor, add the coconut, mint leaves, maple syrup, peppermint extract and hot water (you can get the water from the pot you melted the chocolate over.)
- Process until all everything is well combined.
- Remove muffin tin from freezer and take chocolate out of liners.
- Add a spoonful of the coconut mixture to a patty and place a second patty on top.
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and ta da! Dessert is served.
Notes: CHOCOLATE MELTDOWN: Make sure to keep these in the fridge until you're ready to serve. They melt fast. If you make these in a regular muffin pan, the recipe will yield 6 patties. If you use a mini-muffin pan, you can get 12 patties. By Thyroid Loving Care. Adapted from Delighted Momma