Paleo Morning Glory Muffins
I basically followed this awesome Carrots n' Cake recipe to a T but did add some little extras. Click on the link below for Carrots n'Cake's website - great recipe resource!
Servings: 24 Muffins
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, soaked
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp ground flax seed or hemp seed
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Coat muffin tin with butter (or use paper liners) and divide batter among 24 cups.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until muffins are cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- In the morning, reheat in oven or toaster oven and enjoy with a pat of pastured butter.
By Thyroid Loving Care. Adapted from Carrots n' Cake