Paleo Chicken Piccata
- 4 Chicken breasts, skinless and boneless Split in half and pounded (the butcher can do this)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 lemon for juice
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup white wine optional
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Flatten the chicken breasts by cutting them in half, putting between 2 layers of plastic wrap, and then pounding with a mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet, place over high heat, then add as many of the chicken breast slices as will fit without overlapping. Brown for 2 minutes on each side, then set aside in a warm oven.
- To make the sauce, reheat the skillet over medium heat. Add the wine and deglaze, reducing for about 2 minutes while constantly scraping the browned bits of the bottom of the pan. Stir in capers and lemon juice, then remove from heat and add the butter.
- Stir until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
By Thyroid Loving Care