- 4 ripe plantains
- 3 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- sprinkle of salt
- Peel the plantain and slice into 1/4″ rounds or cut on the bias (diagonally).
- Heat a cast iron skillet or stainless steel pan over medium-high and add the butter, ghee or coconut oil.
- Fry the plantains until golden brown, 2-3 minutes each side. **Be careful because they’ll burn easily.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with sea salt.
For a dessert version of this dish, click on the Stupid Easy Paleo link for Plantains with Cinnamon. By Thyroid Loving Care; Adapted from Stupid Easy Paleo