Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 1 whole pork tenderloin (boneless) approximately 1 pound
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter melted
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1-2 lemons for fresh lemon squeeze
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon zest, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Put tenderloin in a dish and rub mixture into meat.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. When pan is warm, add a drizzle of olive and sear the tenderloin on all sides until they're golden brown. Be careful not to over cook.
- Transfer tenderloin to an oven safe pan and cook for 10-15 mins max or until the internal temp of the roast is 140. Again, be careful not to overcook.
- Let roast sit for a few minutes to reabsorb juices and carryover cook.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and garnish with cilantro.
On a hot summer day, it's great to grill the tenderloin instead of roasting it. By Thyroid Loving Care Adapted from Alton Brown