Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Servings: 4 people
- 1½ lbs wild-caught shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- romaine lettuce
- 1-2 avocado diced
- 1 ripe mango peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño chile minced (optional)
- 1 small cucumber peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice 3-4 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse shrimp with cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate shrimp in fridge while you prepare the salsa.
- Prep all the salsa ingredients and mix them in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To cook shrimp
- Heat pan on medium high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, cook the shrimp for 1 minute, then flip over and cook the rest of the way until almost opaque in the center.
- Top Romaine leaves with shrimp, then mango salsa and top with avocado. YUM!
By Thyroid Loving Care