Sweet & Savory Potato Cakes
This awesome recipe comes from an even more awesome cookbook, The Paleo Recipe book. Head over to Paleo Leap at the link below to grab 350 fantastic recipes.
- 3 lb sweet potatoes, quartered
- 12 slices bacon, chopped
- 9 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 pastured eggs
- Celtic/Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Add cold water to cover, and bring to a boil; then lower the heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, fry the bacon in a skillet placed over medium-high heat until crispy. Set aside.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl with a potato masher.
- Add the cooked bacon, green onions, bell pepper and egg.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form four patties using the sweet potato mixture.
- In a large skillet placed over a medium-high heat, melt some cooking fat and fry the potato cakes until the outsides are golden and the insides are heated through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Store extras in fridge or freezer and reheat in pan or toaster oven throughout the week.
By Thyroid Loving Care; Adapted from Paleo Leap