Tangy Tuna & Egg Salad Over Romaine
- 4 pastured eggs
- 2½ tbsp pickle relish
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise optional
- 2 6 oz cans low-mercury tuna drained
- romaine lettuce chopped
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Place the eggs in a pot with cold water and gently bring to a boil.
- When the water boils, cover the pot, turn off the heat and let stand for exactly 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, drain the hot water and rinse with icy cold water for a minute. This keeps the yolk from turning grey.
- Peel the eggs, chop them roughly and place in a bowl.
- Combine the eggs, relish, mayonnaise (optional) and mustard.
- Add the tuna to egg mixture and stir again.
- Season to taste with black pepper. Adjust the texture if necessary with more mayonnaise.
- Put 1-2 handfuls of Romaine lettuce in a bowl and top with 1/4 egg/tuna mixture.