Thai Basil Fish
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 shallots finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lb wild caught white fish, cubed (I like Mahi Mahi or a thicker fish for this)
- 1 lb sliced shitake mushrooms
- 6 green onions sliced, whites and most of greens
- 2 cups chopped Thai basil (Italian basil will work too but will be sweeter and taste different)
Chili Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 Red and/or Green Thai Bird chilies or other chilies - crushed
For Basil Fish
- Mix fish sauce, vinegar, and coconut aminos in a bowl and set aside.
- Mince shallots and garlic and set aside in a small bowl.
- Cube fish and place back in fridge.
- Slice mushrooms and scallions, and set aside in a bowl with basil.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in pan until melted.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook three minutes until softened
- Add in sauce and reduce by half, cooking 3-4 minutes
- Add in mushrooms, scallions, and basil and cook another 3 minutes until mushrooms are softened and basil is wilted.
- Add fish and cook for 3 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Chili Pepper Sauce Instructions
- Combine crushed chilis, lime juice, shallots, and fish sauce in small dipping bowl.