Veggie Charged Omelet Muffins
- 12 pastured eggs
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- muffin cup liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saute pan, partially cook chopped bacon
- Add shallots and cook for 2 mins
- Add mushrooms to the bacon/shallot mixture and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add spinach and cook til wilted
- Add chopped thyme, salt & pepper to taste. Cool
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or generously grease with butter or coconut oil.
- Add the cooled meat/veggie mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon or scoop into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of an muffin/omelet comes out almost clean.
- Remove the omelets from the muffin cups and serve, or cool completely and store for another day. You can reheat in toaster or conventional oven.