Veggie Charged Omelet Muffins
- 12 pastured eggs
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- muffin cup liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saute pan, partially cook chopped bacon
- Add shallots and cook for 2 mins
- Add mushrooms to the bacon/shallot mixture and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add spinach and cook til wilted
- Add chopped thyme, salt & pepper to taste. Cool
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or generously grease with butter or coconut oil.
- Add the cooled meat/veggie mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon or scoop into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of an muffin/omelet comes out almost clean.
- Remove the omelets from the muffin cups and serve, or cool completely and store for another day. You can reheat in toaster or conventional oven.
You can put any type of veggie in this bad boy. Pick 3-5 of your favorites and have at it!