Recently, I got an email from Dr. Josh Axe of The Secret Detox, talking about how to naturally fight cellulite—and I perked up immediately! (Bathing suit season is just around the corner, after all!)
When my thyroid imbalance started, so did the cellulite on my bum—which is wholly unacceptable and unfair! I’m totally grossed out and annoyed by cellulite, and I too have had to face the challenge of exterminating it. I’m not gonna lie—it’s an ongoing battle!
But I was totally excited to see that Dr. Axe is suggesting many of the same detox remedies I use to reverse thyroid disease for fighting cellulite.
(What’s that? An actual silver lining to thyroid disease?!? Yup.)
Here are the top detox habits that will not only help heal your body, but also banish the bulge of cellulite! And notice, they involve food!
- Ditch sugars and grains — because, not only do they contribute to your leaky gut, they also just encourage your body to store fat, which is terrible for cellulite.
- Drink bone broth — it strengthens collagen structure and repair damaged areas, strengthen connective tissue. Here is my super simple recipe for GUT HEALING BONE BROTH!
- Eat potassium-rich fruits and veggies — foods like figs, kale, bananas, and coconut water all contain tons of potassium, which helps you flush sodium and excess water (and the excess water makes cellulite more noticeable).
So, the same tactics I’ve used to reverse thyroid & autoimmune disease have also helped me battle the bulge..in my butt. I noticed a huge difference about four months after I started drinking bone broth every morning. I also dry brush and use loofah gloves in the shower.
Have I totally won my battle against cellulite? Not totally. But it’s gotten way better since employing the techniques I used to reverse thyroid & autoimmune disease.
Are you struggling with cellulite, too? Don’t keep your best remedies to yourself! Spill your secrets (and struggles) in the comments below.
Do you want to find out what unexpected benefits detoxing and rebalancing your thyroid might have for you? I provide a ton of resources on how to heal your body naturally, including:
- Our totally free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Report and Coaching Sessions
- Right here on my blog, where I talk about what’s worked best for me and my clients, as well as the latest research and resources I come across. You can subscribe to get new blog posts delivered right to your email by signing up on the righthand side of the page.
- My book, Healing Hashimoto’s Naturally — part memoir, part instruction manual for how I personally healed my Hashimoto’s disease.
- My exclusive free 6 Thyroid Myths That Can Keep You From Healing workshop — with info on the comprehensive Thyroid Fix in 6 program, which walks you through, step-by-step, the exact actions you need to take to heal your thyroid and get your life back! We’ve seen hundreds of participants in the Thyroid Fix in 6 avoid, decrease, or even eliminate the need need for thyroid medications.
- The incredible Your Best Thyroid Life Video Bundle, in which I personally invited 27 of the world’s top health experts to share their best tips for living with and healing thyroid disease.
The techniques I use to reverse thyroid & autoimmune disease don’t just stop there. Small, simple changes can lead to health benefits you never expected!
Jen Wittman is a Certified Holistic Health Expert, Chef, Author & Vitality Coach, who teaches women how to reverse thyroid and autoimmune conditions naturally. She’s helped hundreds of women decrease (or even eliminate) their thyroid medications and has helped others stay off thyroid medication entirely.
Through her free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Jen teaches easy and simple steps to thyroid healing that can fit into your busy day. She also provides print outs to bring to your next doctor’s appointment so you can get the support and respect you deserve.
I do all these things and odds getting worse. I’ve always eaten whole foods and follow a leaky gut diet, including probiotics, collagen, probiotics, DIM etc. I am taking synthroid and exercise regularly. I’m bummed.