Every time I get a chance, I visit the wonderful, supportive Thyroid and Autoimmune groups out there like Hypothyroid Mom, AutoimmuneMom, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Support Group, ThyroidChange and many others to see if I can provide support to fellow sufferers. What I read brought tears to my eyes – memories of pain but also the beauty of the support for thyroid sufferers that is out in the world. What I saw today was an outcry to start feeling like your old self again. To feel like your body hasn’t turned against you; that you haven’t been failed by it.
Reading post after post of this sentiment, I remembered the years I felt that way too. The anger I had toward my body for letting me down at such a young age. I thought I would never ever get back to myself again and I was miserable.
After years of being undiagnosed and misdiagnosed, I took my health care back into my own hands, researched everything I could about thyroid, autoimmune disease and Hashimoto’s and created a healing plan for myself. AND. IT. WORKED. For two years now, I’ve been the old ME. The ME before the extreme fatigue, the hair loss, the weight gain, the panic attacks, the anxiety, the insomnia, the random nerve pains, the food allergies, the digestive troubles, the brain fog. The ME that was happy and could be there for my family and friends and felt I could give back to the world again.
Now, my days aren’t always perfect. I have to work at it. I have to honor myself still. I can’t go back to my old ways of being Type A and pushing through the stressors of life. I take breaks from throughout the day and check in with my body. It is a much more balanced and fulfilled life. I actually stop to smell the roses. I take care of my body. I nourish myself and my spirit. I added a lot more fun to my day and protect those sacred moments. There are some days that I’m actually grateful for this diagnosis because it taught me to slow down and enjoy what’s most important in life.[bctt tweet=”Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” Robert Braathe”]
Having taken the time to invest in myself and my health, to take the power back from lousy doctors who weren’t listening to my concerns or taking me seriously and to direct my energies toward my personal healing mission has changed my life forever…and it has changed it for the better.
If you’d like to learn how to heal your thyroid, reverse autoimmune disease and reclaim your life, check out my resources on healing your thyroid naturally, including:
- Our totally free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Report and Coaching Sessions
- Right here on my blog, where I talk about what’s worked best for me and my clients, as well as the latest research and resources I come across. You can subscribe to get new blog posts delivered right to your email by signing up on the righthand side of the page.
- My book, Healing Hashimoto’s Naturally — part memoir, part instruction manual for how I personally healed my Hashimoto’s disease.
- My exclusive free 6 Thyroid Myths That Can Keep You From Healing workshop — with info on the comprehensive Thyroid Fix in 6 program, which walks you through, step-by-step, the exact actions you need to take to heal your thyroid and get your life back! We’ve seen hundreds of participants in the Thyroid Fix in 6 avoid, decrease, or even eliminate the need need for thyroid medications.
- The incredible Your Best Thyroid Life Video Bundle, in which I personally invited 27 of the world’s top health experts to share their best tips for living with and healing thyroid disease.
I took my health care back into my own hands and you can, too.
Jen Wittman is a Certified Holistic Health Expert, Chef, Author & Vitality Coach, who teaches women how to reverse thyroid and autoimmune conditions naturally. She’s helped hundreds of women decrease (or even eliminate) their thyroid medications and has helped others stay off thyroid medication entirely.
Through her free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Jen teaches easy and simple steps to thyroid healing that can fit into your busy day. She also provides print outs to bring to your next doctor’s appointment so you can get the support and respect you deserve.