Do you know your Thyroid Healing Type?
Learn your healing type and get FREE Thyroid Health Coaching delivered to your inbox + print-outs for your doctor to make diagnosis and treatment easier.
This delicious olive dish is one of my favorite recipes. It can be eaten alone, added to a side dish or on salads and in soups. I love it! It’s also a real crowd pleaser at parties and only takes a few minutes to make!
Spiced Marinated Olives
- 2 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- grated orange peel from 2 oranges
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz assorted brine-cured green and black olives (I just go to the Whole Foods olive bar and have at it!)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 8 oz feta cheese (or non-dairy cheese), cut into 1/2 inch squares (Optional)
- Ok, you can do this one of two ways.
- You can (1) Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and put in the fridge or...
- Or (2) Heat all the spices (cumin, coriander, and crushed red pepper) in heavy small skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Transfer to warmed spices to a bowl.
- Add oil, garlic, orange peel, basil and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Mix in olives.
- Gently stir in feta or non-dairy cheese (or no cheese).
- Cover and refrigerate for a 2 hours or overnight.
If you loved this recipe and are looking for more deliciousness and tips, I also provide loads of resources on thyroid & autoimmune healing, including:
- Our totally free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment and Report.
- Right here on my blog, where I talk about what’s worked best for me and my clients, as well as the latest research and resources I come across.
- The incredible Your Best Thyroid Life Video Bundle, in which I personally invited 27 of the world’s top health experts to share their best tips for living with and healing thyroid disease.
Jen Wittman is a Certified Holistic Health Expert, Chef, Author & Vitality Coach, who teaches women how to reverse thyroid and autoimmune conditions naturally. She’s helped hundreds of women decrease (or even eliminate) their thyroid medications and has helped others stay off thyroid medication entirely.
Through her free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Jen teaches easy and simple steps to thyroid healing that can fit into your busy day. She also provides print outs to bring to your next doctor’s appointment so you can get the support and respect you deserve.