These are a delicious and refreshing addition to any dessert table. I love to make them during the winter holidays and serve alongside a little hot cocoa or in the spring for St. Patty’s Day. They are really a year-round treat!
Holiday Peppermint Dessert Patties
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Food processor
- 2 bars Trader Joe's Organic 73% Super Dark Chocolate, OR 7 oz. of your favorite gluten-free/soy-free chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 leaves fresh, organic mint leaves + some extras for garnish
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp hot water
For Chocolate Patties
- Heat a small pot of water and place a glass/Pyrex mixing bowl on top (do not use the microwave, please! it's terrible for you and for your food)
- Break up the candy bars and melt them over the pot of water in the glass bowl
- As chocolate is melting, line a 12 count regular muffin tin or 24 count mini-muffin tin with paper or silicone muffin liners.
- Pour just enough chocolate into each liner so it just covers the bottom.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for 20 minutes or until hardened.
For Minty Filling
- In a food processor, add the coconut, mint leaves, maple syrup, peppermint extract and hot water (you can get the water from the pot you melted the chocolate over.)
- Process until all everything is well combined.
- Remove muffin tin from freezer and take chocolate out of liners.
- Add a spoonful of the coconut mixture to a patty and place a second patty on top.
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and ta da! Dessert is served.
- CHOCOLATE MELTDOWN: Make sure to keep these in the fridge until you're ready to serve. They melt fast.
In addition to all the delicious recipes offered on the blog, I also provide a ton of resources on healing, including:
- Our totally free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Report and Coaching Sessions
- Right here on my blog, where I talk about what’s worked best for me and my clients, as well as the latest research and resources I come across. You can subscribe to get new blog posts delivered right to your email by signing up on the righthand side of the page.
- My book, Healing Hashimoto’s Naturally — part memoir, part instruction manual for how I personally healed my Hashimoto’s disease.
- My exclusive free 6 Thyroid Myths That Can Keep You From Healing workshop — with info on the comprehensive Thyroid Fix in 6 program, which walks you through, step-by-step, the exact actions you need to take to heal your thyroid and get your life back! We’ve seen hundreds of participants in the Thyroid Fix in 6 avoid, decrease, or even eliminate the need for thyroid medications.
- The incredible Your Best Thyroid Life Video Bundle, in which I personally invited 27 of the world’s top health experts to share their best tips for living with and healing thyroid disease.
Remember, no matter what diagnosis you’re facing, you always have a choice. Keep your chin up and take small daily action and you can heal and have a normal life again!
Jen Wittman is a Certified Holistic Health Expert, Chef, Author & Vitality Coach, who teaches women how to reverse thyroid and autoimmune conditions naturally. She’s helped hundreds of women decrease (or even eliminate) their thyroid medications and has helped others stay off thyroid medication entirely.
Through her free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Jen teaches easy and simple steps to thyroid healing that can fit into your busy day. She also provides print outs to bring to your next doctor’s appointment so you can get the support and respect you deserve.